Army Kidnaps Four Children In Jerusalem
Monday May 28, 2012 03:40 by Saed Bannoura - IMEMC & Agencies
Israeli soldiers kidnapped, on Sunday evening, four Palestinian children, in the Palestinian neighbourhood of Sheikh Jarrah, in occupied East Jerusalem, and took them to an interrogation facility in Salah ed-Deen Street.
Soldiers Kidnapping A Palestinian Child - File alaqsa-online.com/
The Palestinian News and Info Agency (WAFA) reported that the four kidnapped children were identified as Amir Maher Hajeej, 15 years old; Firas Maher Hajeej, 16; Ahmad Ghaleb as-Sabbagh, 15; and Najaty Qawwas, 14.
Earlier this month, undercover forces of the Israeli army kidnapped two children, ages 14 and 10, in Silwan town, south of the al-Aqsa Mosque in Occupied East Jerusalem.
The undercover forces also kidnapped a 12-year-old child in ath-Thoury neighborhood in Silwan, in Occupied East Jerusalem.
Israeli soldiers and policemen repeatedly kidnap Palestinian children in occupied East Jerusalem, interrogate and intimidate them without allowing their parents or their lawyers to be present during interrogation.
In April, Israeli soldiers and undercover forces of the Israeli military attacked, abused and kidnapped dozens of Palestinian children in several Arab neighborhoods in occupied East Jerusalem.
Human Rights sources in occupied Jerusalem reported some of these incidents of attacks and abuse carried out by the army, the police and the under-cover forces in April include, but not limited to:
- Mohammad Idrees, 12, and Yousef Shweiky, 13; both attacked and kidnapped by the army in at-Tour and Anata.
- Four children ages 14-18, attacked and kidnapped by the Israeli Police under the claim that they “harassed a settler family at a Jerusalem Park”; the children were picnicking in the area with their friends.
- Mohammad Isam 17, kidnapped by the Police from his home in as-Salaam neighborhood, in occupied East Jerusalem, and was taken to an interrogation facility.
- Adnan al-Joulani, 12, kidnapped in ath-Thoury neighborhood by under-cover forces. He was later released on a bail of 5000 New Israeli Shekels (approx. $1,300), and was placed under house arrest for five days despite the fact that no charges were brought against him.
- During an invasion into the home of Ahmad Mousa Sarhan, 43, in ath-Thoury neighborhood, soldiers and policemen tased and kidnapped the father, Ahmad; his two sons, Mohammad, 19, and Ishaq, 17; in addition to his relatives Tamer Omar Sarhan and Nael Jalajel, both 15. All were taken to the Maskobiyya police station and when their families went to the station, the police used pepper-spray against them and kidnapped six.
A few days later, the Police invaded the neighbored again and kidnapped Taha Mohammad Sarhan, 12, and Hani Waleed Sarhan, 14. The police also handed Ahmad Khalil Sarhan, 12, an order to head to the nearest police station for interrogation.
These attacks and violations against Palestinian children in occupied East Jerusalem are carried out as part of an ongoing Israeli policy of Arab home demolitions, takeover of Arab homes for the use of Israeli settlers, in addition to dozens of violations that even include attacks against Arab graveyards, Palestinian property and lands.